Kaufman has partnered with the Korean Foundation for International Exchange (KOFICE) and the Seoul Institute for the Arts on this dance intensive study abroad program, which will run from December 14-22, 2023. All travel, accommodations, food, and visa fees will be provided through support from KOFICE. Selected students are responsible for a $500 Cultural Engagement Program Fee.
All BFA majors are invited to apply for this special study abroad opportunity, which will involve international cultural exchange with faculty and students of the Dance Department at the Seoul Institute of the Arts in South Korea.
In celebration of the 50th anniversary of HIP HOP as a global phenomenon, dancers will come together over nine days in daily workshops to explore and analyze the relationship between HIP HOP and KPOP. During their time together, dancers will consider how the performance of forms, when expressed differently based on cultural and social backgrounds, can foster cultural exchange and understanding. Together, Kaufman and Seoul Institute dancers will create dances that transcend boundaries and culminate in a joint performance showcasing their collaborative engagement. In addition to the workshops, dancers from both countries will attend lectures and events, meet leaders from South Korea’s arts and entertainment sectors, and enjoy the artistic offerings of Seoul, a megacity brimming with cultural abundance.
- Students will be selected based on the completion of an online application.
- Applications due: Friday, September 15
- Notification of acceptance into the program: October 1
- Opportunity open to all BFA students with valid passport (USA or other)
- All travel, accommodations, food, and visa fees will be provided through support from KOFICE.
- Selected students are responsible for a $500 Cultural Engagement Program Fee.
- Scholarships are available through the Kaufman Global Initiatives Fund. Please contact Elliott Scher to apply for this scholarship at email@example.com.