After the founding years of fast growth and wide attention from the world of dance, USC Kaufman embarked on a year-long process to craft its first formal Strategic Plan to further clarify and solidify its future vision and commitment to thoughtfully move forward in alignment with its collective ideals. Here is our ideal future:
- USC Kaufman is a living laboratory for The New Movement.
- We are an acclaimed school for dance training, scholarship and innovation, inspiring a view of dance as multifaceted and abundant with new possibilities and potential careers.
- We upend traditional notions of dance education and what it means to be a dance professional in the 21st century, leading with confidence, respect and humility.
- We cherish our community where people are valued, seen and included. We champion an environment of authentic belonging and are fiercely committed to equity.
- We continuously push boundaries, bridging connections between research and practice to reveal new possibilities in art, society and culture.
- Our impact is deep and meaningful, not only within the world of dance, but among all arts and entertainment industries. We are transforming the field and creating new opportunities for our students, faculty, staff, alumni and collaborators.
- We fully leverage our Los Angeles location to lead the future of dance in our communities and the world, gathering a network of extraordinary artists and partners who will support the USC Kaufman School and dance world for years to come.
- Our students enter into the world as emerging thought leaders, skilled artists, generous collaborators, daring explorers and impactful world citizens. They reveal dance as the ultimate collaborative art form, the direct result of the rigorous scholarship, training, and mentorship they received while attending the USC Kaufman School of Dance.