March 17, 2020
In response to COVID-19 and in the interest of public health and safety, the University of Southern California announced that all classes will be held online for the rest of the Spring 2020 semester. As a result, USC Kaufman leadership has made the decision to cancel all upcoming dance performances.
- USC Kaufman Debut at The Broad Stage – April 17, April 18, & April 19
- Please use this form to let The Broad Stage know how you would like to handle your tickets.
- Elective Experience – April 24
- Student Works – April 29 & April 30
- Kaufman Connections – All classes at 32nd Street Elementary School for the rest of the semester, including the April 23 showcase
In addition, most university buildings, including the Glorya Kaufman International Dance Center, will be closed to the public until further notice. If you have an immediate need to access the building for essential belongings (prescription medication, passport, etc.), please contact Dance Operations at email@example.com. All staff are working remotely through at least May 1, 2020.
Please view this document for USC Kaufman policies regarding online instruction, which includes information about course continuity, Technique and more. Please note that we are exploring options to present Video Stage and Senior Project Presentations virtually. Further details to come.
- We will be creating an online Maymester as an alternative to the Berlin Maymester that was previously canceled. Please direct questions about the Maymester to Anne Aubert-Santelli at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Unfortunately, we have decided not to move forward with the 2020 New Movement Residency.
- As of Friday, March 20, the University has decided to postpone all USC in-person commencement 2020 activities. An in-person, on-campus celebration will take place once travel and large group events are safe and permitted. The University will hold a virtual conferring of degrees in May and diplomas will be sent by mail.
For the latest COVID-19 updates from the University of Southern California, please visit usc.edu/coronavirus.