DANC 347 Artist Collaborative: Call for Applications
1 Unit of Spring 2024 Tuition — February 9 – 18, 2024
During this course, students will explore cross-disciplinary artistic inspiration and collaboration, primarily in music/sound and dance/choreography. Students will create initial ideas onsite at KSOD working remotely with London-based composers, then implement and explore further during an intensive week at the Trinity Laban Conservatoire in London, England. In doing so, students will investigate the cross-cultural collaborative experience, and reflect on their own positions as global ambassadors of music, dance, and culture.
- Course: DANC 347 Artist Collaborative
- Units: 1 unit of Spring 2024 tuition
- Pre-departure work November-January
- Course Dates: February 9 – 18, 2024
- 10 days, 8 nights
- Depart from USC: Friday, February 9
- Co-Lab Week: Monday, February 12 – Friday, February 16
- Return to USC: Sunday, February 18
- Itinerary includes group cultural excursions/performances as well as time to explore London on your own.
Course Fee (estimated $2,000 – $2,500)
- $1,800 set fee + additional individual expenses
- Fee covers:
- Plane ticket (booked by USC Travel)
- Performance tickets/cultural activities
- Additional student expenses:
- Student Health Insurance
- International Phone Plan ($10/day)
- Meals ($50/day), entertainment, additional transportation, etc.
- USC Kaufman provides:
- Ground transportation to/from airports and hotel
- Shared Housing in extended stay hotel within walking distance
- Pre-loaded London Metro Card with £25
- 2-3 group meals
- Scholarships are available through the Kaufman Global Initiatives Fund. Please contact Elliott Scher to apply for this scholarship at email@example.com.
Students will be selected based on the completion of an online application inclusive of:
- 2 short answer questions
- Submission of 3 work samples in any medium that express your interest in cross-disciplinary collaboration.
- Applications due: October 9, 2023
- Notification of acceptance into the program: October 17, 2023
- Meetings commence with Trinity Laban that week – collaborative proposals due Monday, October 23
- $1,000 deposit due by December 1, 2023