Our top ten moments this fall
December 14, 2017
This semester at USC Kaufman, incredible artists were in high demand at USC Kaufman–from Matthew Bourne to Barak Marshall, BFA students experienced the creation process with some of the best. Here are our top ten moments this semester:
10. Class of 2021 attends Welcome Week
USC Kaufman’s new class of 2021 gather to move in, meet the dean, and attend convocation before fall classes begin.
9. Visions and Voices: Ballet BC at Bovard Auditorium
Ballet BC visits USC to perform at Bovard Auditorium for a Visions and Voices event, and USC Kaufman students are treated with master classes from artistic director Emily Molnar.
8. Matthew Bourne and New Adventures’ “The Red Shoes”
Matthew Bourne’s company New Adventures visits The Music Center to perform “The Red Shoes,” and USC Kaufman students enjoy a master class with a few New Adventures dancers.
7. Performance at USC Global Conference in Tokyo
USC Kaufman students travel to Tokyo to perform at the USC Global Conference with Vice Dean Gates, Dean Cutietta, and President Nikias.
6. Flash mob at the USC Village Opening
USC Kaufman dancers perform at the opening celebration of the brand new USC Village, in a piece choreographed by Christian Vincent.
5. Akram Khan at Music Center: On Location
USC Kaufman students take master class from Akram Khan dancers, then travel to Culver Studios to see the Music Center: On Location performance.
4. Performing with Jon Boogz
Movement artist Jon Boogz leads a master class and sets a performance for USC Visions and Voices that involves USC Kaufman freshmen, sophomores, and juniors.
3. Fall Dance Performance: Balanchine, Barton, Durden, Marshall, Rhoden and,Taylor
USC Kaufman repertory and performance students dance in works by master choreographers for the final performance of the fall semester.
2. Osnel Delgado and MalPaso at Music Center
MalPaso Dance Company’s founder and artistic director Osnel Delgado teaches master classes at USC Kaufman while in Los Angeles for a performance at the Music Center.
1. Master classes with Sonya Tayeh
Sonya Tayeh visits USC Kaufman to give a master class in anticipation of setting work on BFA students in the spring semester.
By Celine Kiner